How To Prevent Mosquito Bites – Naturally!
- Use citronella products such as soaps, oils, candles, and incense.
- Supplement your diet daily with 100 milligrams of vitamin B-1.
- Don’t eat bananas – the way your body processes the oil attracts mosquitoes.
- Plant marigolds! Their odor repels insects!
- Mosquitoes are not only a nuisance – their bites can cause serious complications including the transmission of diseases such as malaria, yellow fever, encephalitis, and the West Nile virus (WN) to humans and animals. While there are many ways to deter mosquitoes from biting you, some are more toxic than others. More and more people are turning to safe and natural alternatives for most things in their lives. We feel that offering natural alternatives for these annoying spring and summer occurrences would further enhance everyone living within our community.